With a bit of prodding from Chris I thought I’d take up her advise and give a short round up of all the 7 books I’ve actually read so far. And since I haven’t been able to write so much about the books I’ve read, I’ll just share one or two thoughts on each.
- 1. Beastly by Alex Flinn
- I am a sucker for retellings of classic fairy tales, and this one didn’t disappoint. It’s not groundbreaking, but it still kept me entertained. [rating=4]
- 2. Kikomachine Komix Blg. 6: Venn Man at iba pang Kalupitan ng Kapalaran! by Manix Abrera
- It’s still funny, but not as good as his earlier volumes. [rating=3]
- 3. Zombicorns by John Green
- More of a novella than an actual novel, this still hits a chord in me and made me think. [rating=4]
- 4. Avalon High by Meg Cabot
- Arthurian myth, swords and (quasi-) sorcery? I am in. I wasn’t actually expecting too much from this, but it surprised me that I loved every turn of the page. [rating=4]
- 5. A New World by Patrick Ness
- My introduction to the Chaos Walking trilogy, and I am looking forward to the experience when I get around to it. [rating=4]
- 6. Naked Heat and 7. Heat Wave by Richard Castle
- The “this is is not fake” schtick is awesome, and I am loving it, alongside the actual TV series. Pulpy fiction at one of its finest.
Naked Heat: [rating=4]
Heat Wave: [rating=3]
Now, to actually get more reading done.